Monday, September 17, 2012

The Voice vs The X Factor


Hello Blog world!

I am not an expert on much, but if there is one thing I looooooooooove it is television.  Sometimes I feel like my real friends get in the way of spending time with my imaginary ones.

Last week was the head to head battle of two popular singing competitions: The Voice and The X Factor.

I have been a HUGE fan of The Voice since its first season. I obviously started watching because Adam Levine is sexxxy as hell, but that is not why I continued to watch.  The four judges have great chemistry and I loved the new "blind" twist to the singing competition world.  However, as much as it pains me to say this, I felt a drop in excitement after watching the three-day premiere.  And from the serious decrease in ratings, I think many others felt that same drop too.  Nothing has really changed about The Voice, but maybe it has just lost its "shiny new toy feel."  I will continue watching, and hopefully it will pick up a bit. Even if it doesn't I will still be entertained by Cee Lo's intakes of breath and self-fanning when a hot girl is on stage.



On Wednesday night, which was the only night all season that the two shows will be on at the same time, I felt like I was cheating on The Voice, my loyal boyfriend, with The X Factor, the slutty temptress. What child  of the 90's can resist Britney Spears??? Not this girl.



I totally flipped back and forth to The X Factor, and I was not disappointed. Britney and Demi Lovato added excellent and honest commentary to the judge panel which already has the kind soul LA Reid and the utterly truthful Simon Cowell (not to mention Brit Brit has the BEST facial expressions, good and bad).  And while I can do without having to watch bad singers for 5 minute blocks, the judges' commentary never fails to amuse.  This is my first time watching The X Factor and I am interested to see how it plays out, especially with the new high profile judges.

Until the next show!

-Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment