Monday, October 8, 2012

Once Upon a Time - Where is it going?

Now that we are two episodes into the second season of last years breakout hit, Once Upon a Time, we know that magic returned everyone's memories in Storybrook. No one has their magic back except Regina, Emma and Snow White were sent back to the Enchanted Forrest, and everyone is stuck within the town limits or they lose their past lives.



I have to say that I am kind of worried about where this season is heading.  I was shocked that it only took one season for Regina's curse to be broken, because that was the glue holding the plot together.  My personal favorite aspect of first season was all the flashbacks and the back stories where we got to know each character in an in depth way.  I am sure we will still have back stories as new characters are introduced (Mulan, Captain Hook, and more!), but what is the point now? Getting back to the Enchanted Forrest? Now that Regina wants to earn Henry back by being good, who is the "bad guy"? I don't see a clear driving force behind the characters actions besides getting Emma and Snow back, but how long can that be stretched out?

This is still one of my favorite shows that I look forward to, but I hope it picks up soon.  Set-up episodes will only hold an audience for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment